Thursday, November 01, 2007

Spirituality

Alley and I got in a discussion last night on religion and spirituality and why we feel the way we do about it. Strange thing to discuss after 3 years of marriage, but it was a very good conversation. I find myself having a hard time actually studying the Bible. Between Aurora going "hey mommy, mommy" and my brain just not functioning due to what I'm going to call "pregnancy," Bible studying is a very difficult task for me.

I realized something when we were talking last night, it's not really the first time I couldn't focus. I don't know if it's because I didn't grow up in the church or if I just didn't pay attention in school, but memorization is something that just does not come easy to me. My "religion," is my faith. By faith, I mean solely the intimate, spiritual relationship I have with my Father God. While it's good that I have that relationship and can prove it to myself, it hardly will work to evangelize.

When it comes to others asking me advice or about Jesus and God, I can only go so far with the Good Book. There comes a point in a conversation where I have to lead them to someone else or simply say "well I'm going to have to pray on that for a while." While this can be both good and bad, it's all I can do. And while some people, even very intelligible people, don't believe God can talk to you, I'm living proof of His voice. If it weren't for His voice and consistency in my life, I would not be where I am today. I would not be back with my husband, I wouldn't have married him in the first place, I wouldn't have a beautiful little girl and another on the way, I wouldn't have some of the friends I have now. I am very scared to think of where I would be if He had not spoken to me.
Anyway, I just wanted to share my lack of intellectual knowledge on this fact. If you need to know where a certain verse is....ask my husband. If you need to know how to be still and listen to His voice....that is my department. Seems like we make a pretty good team, even though I am way more attractive. ;-) haha

><>In HIM<><

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's cool what you wrote; we ran into your blog when looking for the verse, Like a lilly among thorns so is my darling among the maidens. I appreciated what you said in the last paragraph about your "lack of intellectual knowledge" and how you and your husband make a good team. God bless you guys.

Your brother that you don't know in Christ,
Chris

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home